- This event has passed.
Tween Literature Subscription: Ages 8-11
November 24 at 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm CST
An event every month that begins at 12:00 pm on day Last of the month, repeating until May 31, 2024
Join The Bookish Society and read with us! We’ve got something for every bookworm’s tastebuds.
So, what do you get when you sign up?
We take the assigned book, split it into a reasonable amount of daily reading assignments, and assign each member to a different discussion role. Maybe you are picking out some vocabulary words, or you are predicting what will happen next, or maybe you are the artist this week, and you draw a picture from the reading. It all leads to an in-depth discussion that doesn’t always happen at home with siblings. We hash it all out. Literary Terms, Character Building, all of that school stuff. And if time is left over, we talk about other books and share our special interests.
Monthly on the last Friday of the month, at 12:00-12:45 p.m. Central.
Our Monthly Lit Circle Includes:
- One monthly meeting over Zoom, where we talk about the entire book at once.
- Reading Schedule
- Access to our private Discord Channel/Geek Out Sessions
Why are we changing to a monthly system?
Signing up by the month works best for most people. You can try us out with only a small commitment of time.
If you need to take a month off—that’s okay. It’s easy to skip and drop back in whenever you’re ready.
Want to meet weekly? We’ve got you covered there too.
Tween Lit Class meets every Friday from 12:00- 12:45 pm Central Time
- Reading schedule
- Weekly lit role assignments
- Four meetings over Zoom
- Access to our private Discord Channel/ Geek Out Sessions
And now for the good stuff. What are we reading?
- November: Dogtown by Katherine Applegate and Gennifer Choldenko
- December: Project F by Jeanne DuPrau
- January: Hummingbird by Natalie Lloyd
- February: Controlled Burn by Erin Soderberg
- March: A First Time for Everything by Dan Santat
- April: Mixed Up by Gordon Korman
- May: The Witch of Woodland by Laurel Snyder
After we receive your payment, you’ll get an enrollment form and the class materials. Parents must source each book on their own.
Use this link to sign up for a PayPal subscription that will stay in effect until you cancel it.