- This event has passed.
Exploring the World through Story – Levels E/F
September 20 at 11:01 am - 11:45 am CDT
An event every week that begins at 11:01 am on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, repeating until November 17, 2023
Our most ambitious class yet is designed for older students who require remediation in their writing skills. If you recently discovered this curriculum and want to get your middle schooler caught up in the series, this may be what you need. We’ll meet four mornings weekly and complete all of EWS E and EWS F in 36 weeks. No homework and parental involvement are required outside of class except to ensure student attendance.
In Level E, students read wisdom tales from the Buddhist, Christian, and ancient Greek traditions. Students practice paragraph formation with dictation and varied writing activities. Memory work helps them learn key literary terms and cultural information.
In Level F, students read wisdom tales from the Islamic, Norse, and Chinese traditions. Dictation passages and scaffolded composition activities support student writing. Students master literary terms and cultural information through memory work.
- Exploring the World Through Story Levels E and F with required texts
- Twenty Jataka Tales
- The Children’s Illustrated Bible (Reissue)
- Greek Myths: Meet the Heroes, Gods, and Monsters of Ancient Greece
- Tales from the Quran and Hadith
- DK Norse Myths
- Tales of a Chinese Grandmother: 30 Traditional Tales from China
- Chinese Myths and Legends: The Monkey King and Other Adventures
Enrollment in a Bookish Society Literature Circle includes:
- Weekly live online classes
- Weekly live online guided social hour (Geek Out: held on Thursday at 7 pm Central)
- Curriculum counseling and homeschool support for the parent-teacher
- Our staff continuously monitors our private Discord channel
- Literature guides (written specifically by The Bookish Society)
- Our dedicated Google Classroom is entirely paperless, so teachers and students won’t have to shuffle paper. Instead, teachers upload assignments and assessments to Classroom simultaneously as they upload them to Drive. Students can use Classroom to complete studies and assessments; their work is saved to Drive. They can also access work missed due to absences and find other required resources.
Enrollment Deadline: August 7, 2023, at 5:00 PM US Central Time
Any class not meeting our enrollment threshold will be canceled on this date, and tuition will be refunded. If the first trimester meets enrollment, we will continue to offer the class in Winter and Spring.